Wednesday, July 06, 2005

Greatest Compliment



Meredith Bragg (musician)

As I left from working in the professional clinic at Potomac Massage Training Institute on Wednesday I felt I had received the greatest compliment of my massage career. Don't get me wrong, there have been many heartfelt and enthusiastic "thank you's" and "that was fabulous" that I appreciate very much, but this was different. A young man about 22 came in to receive his second professional massage. His hair was the mussed unkempt Beatles style and an almost 5 o'clock shadow graced his baby face. When I first introduced myself, he seemed a bit shy but had a firm handshake and an energy that came forth through his bright eyes. At first glance he reminded me of the many talented people we hung out with on Sunday night during Meredith's CD release party at the Black Cat. That thought aside, I finished the massage and left the room. Before he left, he came back in the office. As I walked him out and asked him how he felt, he replied, "Natalie, that was great, now I can go home and make some music".

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home