Saturday, July 09, 2005

Oh so sweet Saturday...


Sleeping until 0800, taking the dogs to the creek to play (although this morning was a little more eventful than usual. Willow was limping on her back hind leg the entire way, Sadie lost her floating kong in the current and it hurled itself under a rock where it is probably still being whirled about, and Sadie took it upon herself to go for a little trot about on the bike trail by herself). But, the weather was beautiful and that certainly doesn't fall in any sort of category for having a bad day.

Adam and I then went for a short ride through Rock Creek Park to get to our friend Adam's house. His Mum is in town from Australia and they invited us over for brunch. (I was supposed to have earned it by going on an 8-mile trail run with Adam Fletcha' (as we call him) Sadist Dave, JT, and Dennis. But I didn't go on the run, just to breakfast (I was also supposed to pay $19.95 for this scrumptious meal because I didn't run, but didn't have to do that either). Anyway, cream cheese smothered bagels with smoked salmon, poached eggs and hollandaise over asparagus, Italian brewed espresso...and best of all, a wonderfully inspiring group of people to share a Saturday breakfast with...(I stole that last sentence from Adam's blog)... I couldn't agree more.

I just finished walking the dogs around the block and found a blue jay feather...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home